What is this?
It’s a now page: what I’m focused on at the moment, both professionally and personally. It’s what I’d tell on old co-worker if we met up for a 30 minute lunch. Inspired by Derek Sivers. Trying to keep it updated at least monthly.
Last updated October 29th, 2022.
Still at Suffolk Law School’s Legal Innovation and Technology (LIT) Lab, working on court form software. I’m pushing hard to make three user-facing guided legal forms e-fileable:
- an Appearance form in Illinois, working with Illinois Legal Aid Online,
- a Motion to Stay Eviction for the Massachusetts Appeals Court, and
- the Massachusetts Affidavit of Indigency Supplement
- this form also has me working a lot with our income question library, improving our API and reusable questions there
I’ve also done some more accessibility work: I improved the accessibility of docassemble’s combobox, and I’ve also started guiding some Suffolk Law students in putting together a full WCAG 2.1 audit of our docassemble systems, which is exciting.
Latest Github Activity
Made a pull request in the SuffolkLITLab/docassemble-ALToolbox repo.
Correct `aria-controls` to refernce correct id
Issue was caught by aXe-core testing: https://dequeuniversity.com/rules/axe/4.4/aria-valid-attr-value?application=axe-puppeteer
The issue happened because `tag_group_name` was added to the beginning of each id / href, but not to aria-controls.
The `tab_id` was never used individually, so I just updated it to include both `tab_group_name` and `tab_id`,
and then replaced its used in the tabs and tab panels.
Long Term Career Stuff
My position at the LIT Lab is grant funded, and ends in Q3 2023, so I’ll be looking for a new gig around then! I have a variety of different tech skill sets, and am not concerned about developing a few more. But I am more interested in making sure that I work at a place helps under-served communities help themselves, and developing the skills to do that well (like partnership building).
Listening to whatever I want to, nothing directed really. In a spooky mood, because I’m playing Bloodborne.
|Cleric Beast||SIE Sound Team|
|Darkbeast||SIE Sound Team|
|World's end Rhapsody||Nujabes|
|Saved By A Waif||Alvvays|
|New Gold (feat. Tame Impala and Bootie Brown)||Gorillaz, Tame Impala, Bootie Brown|
|Ice V||King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard|
Pretty far into Bloodbourne now, which is my first From Software game. I absolutely love it, the boss and enemy design is amazing, challenging, but not frustrating, and I’ve gotten to the point where I understand you are rewarded for being persistent against difficult bosses and sections of levels. The world is super interesting too, super weird, in a good way (trying to avoid spoilers, lol).
Lots of spooky movies.
- Last Night in Soho: worth a watch, not my favorite though
- Beetlejuice: holds up good
- Hocus Pocus 2: eh, not really worth it
- Clue: incredible, it’s a perfect farce
- The Witch: also very good, great October movie
- Origin: SPirits of the Past: wishes it was Princess Mononoke, but the story definitely wasn’t